Do you ever just sit at the window and watch the leaves fall? Or do you live in Texas like Ollie and don’t get to see the seasons really change? Well this DIY is perfect! You can watch the leaves drift down over and over again. Ollie had hours and hours of fun with it!
You will need:
- A jar
- a used an empty pasta jar works really well.
- Mineral Oil
- or water, but the oil will make the leaves drift down slowly
- Confetti Leaves
- A fall colored glitter (optional)
- A small branch from a tree that looks like a minature tree
- Super glue, hot glue, or anything to firmly attach the branch to the jar lid.
First, we take the branch and glue it to the inside of the jar lid.
Next, we pour the confetti leaves inside the jar. Then we add a little bit of glitter to make it even ore fun!
After that, pour the mineral oil into the jar carefully. Don’t forget to leave a little bit of room at the top so it doesn’t spill when you put the branch in. After that’s done, squeeze the branch gently to get it inside the jar, then close the lid tight. You can also glue down the lid to keep it from opening.
That’s it! You’re done! Turn it upside down and watch it fall. Spin in back and forth gently to make the leaves swirl around too!