Who doesn’t love snow globes? I love watching the glitter swirl around, slowly fall to the bottom, and then I shake it up and do it all over again. I could stare at one for hours! They are super cool and super easy to make! Since it’s Halloween, I’ll be showing you how to make a Pumpkin Snowglobe… I’m not sure why it’s still called a snowglobe without any snow, but what else would you call it?
You will need:
- little jars (I found the perfect pumpkin shaped ones at the Dollar Spot in Target, but you can use any watertight jar you have!)
- a sharpie
- mineral oil (You can also use water, but things swirl around more slowly in oil.)
- since all jars are different sizes, fill up your jar with the oil or water and then pour it out into your measuring cup to start
- orange food coloring
- orange and black glitter
- I used about a tablespoon of each, you might need more if your jar is bigger
- a measuring cup
- a spoon or something to mix the oil and glitter
Put in a drop or two of food coloring and your glitter into the mineral oil. Stir it well!
Using the sharpie, draw a pumpkin face on the jar. If you have two flat sides like I do, you can make a face on each side.
Pour the mineral oil/glitter mix into your jar and close it tightly. You can also add some super strong glue before closing it to make sure it’s secure.
That’s it! Now you can spend hours staring at this pumpkin, like me!
Don’t forget to show me what you guys make!
Send pictures to email@example.com, tag me on Instagram @diywithollie or hashtag #WeDIYwithOllie, or post it on my Facebook Page!
More Halloween DIYs!