This glowing pumpkin jar is a very toddler and child friendly project. It is quick, cheap, and the results look awesome! It is great to use up any pasta jars you have laying around as well!
You will need:
- a jar, bowl, or cup (I got mines at Dollar Tree)
- a plate to put the glue on
- a brush
- orange and yellow tissue paper cut into squares
- you can also rip the tissue paper instead of cutting it for a different effect
- some shapes cut out of black felt
Paint half of the jar with glue (so the glue doesn’t dry before you make it to the next side) and then stick on the tissue paper. Make sure the edges overlap so you do not have any spots with just the bare glass.
Do the same thing on the other half of the jar and let it dry.
Once it’s dry, paint on another coat of glue to seal down all of the pieces of tissue.
While the glue is still wet, press on the eyes, nose, and mouth. You can do both sides like Ollie did.
To make it glow, Ollie used a glowstick. You can also use a LED tealight candle. When Ollie isn’t making it glow, she stores her candy corn inside.
More Halloween DIYs!